• samedi 20 juillet 2024

    Realm of Chaos Battlefield

    Hi, today a specific post regarding the Chaos wastes, how they was envisaged by theirs creators in late 80’s and how I represented them with my own perception and modern material to build sceneries.

    The best description of the chaos wastes was done in RoC Slaves to Darkness until the day I discovered the manuscript of Realm of Chaos Third tome. This book was never edited, find more info via this link. This tome regroup all the types of sceneries to build an authentic Realm of Chaos battlefield in the Chaos Wastes.

    A short sample you can find in this copy of the manuscript (link) ‘The edges of the waste are not marked by any distinct border that can be crossed. Instead, the waste ebbs and flows as a tide. The seething waste infringes upon the normal landscape around it, eroding, scarring and changing. Tongues of chaos penetrate and intermingle with tracts of stable terrain. One who strays into this zone of confusion can be suddenly overwhelmed or sucked into the waste and just as suddenly spewed forth in another place or another time.’

    Original RoC sceneries

    To build your own Realm of Chaos Battlefield wargaming table, not so much examples existing except pictures in Slaves to Darkness book. Some info regarding these original sceneries via this link. The ex-owner of these RoC stuff came-across the boxe where they were stored the sceneries during the moving of the studio to another place in 92.

    Sceneries are used at the back of the picture

    Wargaming Table 

    Realm of Chaos landscape Tony Ackland artwork
    My personal vision of the Chaos Wastes is based on the John Blanche landscape illustration. An semi-arid land constantly blow by a tempestuous and freezing wind, an hostile land were the danger can come from nowhere.  The battlefield is set up on a mate from Kraken range (Havoc Desert). Three trunks are made with vine stocks, outcrops made with Styrofoam, blood bushes are made with ping pong balls, floating skull base on aquarium scenery and green stuff. To finish, the dying vegetation is made by using a large amount of lichen Black, White, Grey, Bordeaux colors.

    Realm of Chaos landscape John Blanche artwork


    Blood bushes made with ping pong balls

    Dying vegetation made with vine stocks and lychen

    Outcrop rocks made with Styrofoam

    Floating Skull from Tony ackland artwork

    Animals skulls as used in Slaves to Darkness battlefield pictures

    See top right, skull!

    6 commentaires:

    1. Je suis assez content que ma retranscription du script serve à de telles articles 😊

      RépondreSupprimer
    2. I really love this post as it takes me back to the beginnings of Warhammer. Well done with the scenery.

      RépondreSupprimer
    3. HOW TO GET YOUR EX TO FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU AGAIN...


      My boyfriend broke up with me few months ago and left me heartbroken, I so much wanted him back by all means, I had to find a way to win him back, fortunately I came across a relationship doctor who revived my relationship, my boyfriend came back to me and promised to love me forever.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

      He also cured me Hsv-2

      VIA.. ROBINSONBUCKLER11@GMAIL.COM

      RépondreSupprimer