• mardi 10 septembre 2019

    O&G army!

    Hello ! After the rush of BOYL 2019, I made a “hobby break” of several weeks … Now I’m back and I have a new project to achieved!

    As the mythic Citadel Chaos range from the 80’s, the Orc & Gob range is pretty rich and purpose a large variety of models. Mostly sculpted by KA, this is a great classic for every Old School lead collectors. Do you remember the large battle scenes pictured in the White Dwarf magazine and reused in the WHFB 4th ed rulebook? I think these pictures are not innocent in my affection for the Green Skinz.



    So, one more O&G army you’re going to say! Yes but I will apply on it an old and very good theme! If I tell you : Grivziz Dirtball’s, Sparrznatt's Suicide Squad, Claws of Malal, Dagrom Failbreath … You answer what? Chaos Marauder! Of course!

    I’m a big fan of this cards game for a very long time. I particularly appreciate the way that the game illustrate the relations between the evil races of the Warhammer world. Very inherent to the three first editions of WHFB.   It’s an enjoyable melting pot of bad guyz gathered around their Chaotic alignment! Orcish troops allied to Beastmen herds or Ratmen units. Sometimes leaded by High ranked Chaos Champion. An Orc Hero with his helmet marked by the Chaos star Is quit “normal”.  The game is sumptuously illustrated by John Blanche and the back ground make honnor to the GW studio from the 80’s.
    I finish to collect my O&G army since 2011 but I never painted it. Probably afraid by the task and all the efforts implied by the project. To achieve this army, I decide to apply the same receipts than I had to used for my Skaven army.  Fast painting for troops to save times and focus on the shields and the banners. I already painted a large part of the army and planned to finish it around the middle of October. I don’t know how I will organized the up datting of the blog around this project but I will try to post picture soon.

    16 commentaires:

    1. La couverture du jeu est une de mes dessins préférés de JB. Hâte de voir ce que tu vas nous produire.

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Je vais me charger de faire honneur à cette très belle illustration que j'affectionne beaucoup egalement. A+ Nico

        Supprimer
    2. What a fantastic idea !! So you're going to make an O&G Chaos army ? Have a look to "greenskinz wars" from Knightmare Miniatures, he made a range of Chaos goblins ;)

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Yep Laurent, something like this (^_^) More green skin than chaos (^_^) GS war range call me every day and for the moment ... I resist 😄

        Supprimer
    3. I'll be very interested if you can replicate those wolf riders in second picture ! They've always intrigued me, to me it looks like elder helmets have been used to convert some of them but never seen another photo apart from that back cover.

      RépondreSupprimer
    4. The Gelugpa wulfboyz leader. I think he's made with an Eldar Fire Dragon Helmet... I 'm not planned to make this chap but he's very funny (^_^)

      RépondreSupprimer
    5. Looking forward to those gobbos! Really enjoying the classic WD photos, thanks for posting them!

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Thank you Painted Stuff, these WD pictures are magic, I love them too :)

        Supprimer
    6. Very excited to see where this goes! Greenskins are next on my radar as well...though I will be aiming for a mostly mounted force of Wolfboyz and Orc Boar Riders...

      ...so maybe I'll attempt that conversion with the eldar helmet....:)

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Citadel Boar Riders :) I love these chaps. I Always wanted a big unit of them on the battle field... So cool models :)
        Good luck for the wulfboyz Character :)

        Supprimer
    7. Ça promet !!! Très bon choix pour le thème 👍

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. J'ai presque fini l'armée et bientôt je vais me lâcher sur les boucliers et les bannières ... trop impatient, surtout depuis que j'ai vu tes dernières unitées de gobbos.

        Supprimer
    8. Excellent--looking forward to this. I started with Fighting Fantasy so Orcs have always been a Chaos faction for me.

      RépondreSupprimer
    9. You will enjoy this project Kym (^_^)

      RépondreSupprimer