• lundi 18 juin 2018

    Rogue Trader : Battle at the Farm - Marines troops

    Crimson Fist Marines are in my mind since the the first time I flipped through the RT rulebook. The cover art is splendid and marked my mind for a long time. I really enjoy this project.

    I need a pretty small force for the original scenario, I added some characters like the Flag army bearer and the body guard for Pedro Cantor. So, I completed my small force of plastic models with metal Marines : Sergents, Heavy weapon Marines and Characters.

    First Squad : 

    Second Squad :

    Third Squad :

    Assembling RTB01 Marines:
    I discovered how much it's difficult to give a nice posture to the RTB01 Marines. I adjusted the torso and the top of the legs to avoid the Gorillaz syndrome. I reduce the size of the foot of all the Marines to avoid the Tahiti Bob foot syndrome. I sculpted new hands to hold their Bolter. I sculpted new nails on the shoulder pads. I renforced the energetic armor with square plates. And to finish I created a greenstuff stamp for the fist icon on the second shoulder pad.


    RT Marines are charectized by their Toughness 3, they're closer to the basic human soldiers than the following versions. Human soldier! Yes but they're particulary well equiped. So, that's why I added lot of bags around their belt. This is typilly the kind of detail easy to make witj small balls of green stuff.

    Space Marines are weak without their armor, I never understand why some of them cross the battlefield without helmet... I want to keep safe my brand new soldier of the far futur. That the reason of all my Marines have a helmet : On head or at the belt.

     

    Characters convertions :
    I planned to creat a scenic base for all my Marines, inspired by the RT cover art. The main characters of the scene are never been produced by Citadel and some conversions are necessary.

    29 commentaires:

    1. Simply amazing, love all the little additions! I’m gonna look at these for hours. 😉

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Thank you ABG26!! Don't stay too much in front of your screen... It's no good for your eyes :)

        Supprimer
    2. I love the little details you added to them Nico, specially the segmented panel look on the leg armour. Your painting style really suits these guys too.

      As a side note, I remember reading in the Compendium that they advised you to cut off the shoulder bosses on the RBT01 marines if you wanted them to have better postures.

      Very excellent work :)

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Thank You Mr PapaF! Yep that's right. Bosses are too big,you must scratch them to obtain the right posture. Space marines armor are too smooth, that's why I added the segmentation. That increase the details.

        Supprimer
    3. WoW man, it's simply perfect and given the time it took you I'm speechless !
      I loved the squads but I got to the characters, what a punch in the guts !

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Hello JB and thank you :) 4 weeks of works. Paint works take 2h30min by models. I'm pretty proud because they are my first painted space marines. Sorry for your guts :) One more time thank you for you comment man :)

        Supprimer
    4. alala ça défonce grave. L'ajout des renforcemetns d'armure est une super idée ça enrichie vraiment bien les figurines. Et la généralisation des poches et des casques leur donne un look "prêt à tout" super bad-ass. D'enfer.

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Merci Charles, c'est exactement ça ... C'est des humains Endu3 mais faut les faire chiers parce qu'ils sont équipés à mort :)

        Supprimer
    5. These are great, and the idea to paint crimson further up the forearm is wonderful!

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Hi Andrew and thank you :) I was inspired by the the RT cover art. Some of them have more than hands paint with crimson color.

        Supprimer
    6. Wow. Amazing conversions. And the highlighting is superb.

      RépondreSupprimer
    7. I've been coming back and revisiting this post for a day now. There are so many nice touches. Your observation of the crimson on the left arm going as far as the elbow at times is great – I'm going to borrow that for my force (to help add variation when I get to duplicate castings). The resculpting like the shoulder pads on the Banner Bearer is great too! So much love and attention to detail has gone into these.

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Thank you CuriS :) All these small details finally made great models.
        I have the WD93 on my work space since one month, and I continu to spot new marines details on the cover art.

        Supprimer
    8. Perfect work Nick, perfect. I didn’t even realise they were the old RT plastics until I read the text

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Wooow Maurice !! Your comment is a great praise for me, thank you very much :)

        Supprimer
    9. Enormously beautiful and charming! Wow!!

      RépondreSupprimer
    10. Wow! So beautiful! Love that standard bearer!

      RépondreSupprimer
    11. That is just awesome! I love your attention to detail and your painting style - you have really done the iconic picture justice in miniature form!

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. I think I have commented on the wrong post - I meant to put this on the Rogue Trooper cover post!

        Supprimer
    12. Ton travail de peinture pour coller à l’imagerie de 87 est très bien fait! C’est formidable que ces figurines vintages soient encore peintes ! Il y a une convention en France pour admirer ces oldies au fait? Si oui je serais intéressé pour m’y rendre..

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Re boujour Clémentus :) Encore merci pour le commantaire :) Nous nous réunissons de manière régulière à metz en général au moi de Mai. Tu peux trouver des infos sur la page FB de la communauté francophone Oldhammer. D'autres rassemblements on lieu le long de l'année mais là c'est plus du cas particulier mais encore une fois la page FB de donnera toutes ces info. A bientôt :)

        Supprimer
    13. Ok merci Nico je me renseignerai comme indiqué.

      RépondreSupprimer