• jeudi 10 juin 2021

    World Eaters : Champion mounted on Juggernaut

    Hey everyone! Last important piece of the legion, the mounted Juggernaut. and his owner. I postponed the carry-out of this fella for several months, a bit afraid by the task to achieve to reach the target concept I had in mind since the early moment of this project one year ago. The overall outcome is quite good and I’m rather proud to share with you my own version of the Juggernaut of Khorne.

    I made the choice to redesign the whole model due to long list of minor defaults that miniature suffer. The mismatch between the description of the Juggernaut in the Slaves of Darkness book and the metal model release at this moment is huge.

    Actually, the miniature provided by Citadel was far from  my expectations at this period. It’s quite uncommon for the Company and also for Kev Adams for who I have a colossal respect but this model is definitely crappy… Size, posture of the front legs, armored concept, … almost everything. I assume that Kev A. had huge hang-over when he sculpted this Juggernaut, Ican't see anything else :)


    I challenged my self to make a kind of "Justice for the Jugg!" closest to one of the rare illustration in first RoC tome. By giving him a proper size for its massive and unstopable body, also by changing the posture of his front legs and bring-out a more natural posture.
     To finish, by enclosing him into a thick armored carapace engraved by several Skull runes.



    Size comparizon with a large Chaos Horse



    19 commentaires:

    1. Wow - that is some amazing conversion work and does that ROC illustration more than justice. Love the contrast of the blues and greens in the World Eaters' badge on his power fist too - Bravo!

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Hey Steeve! I think the next banners phase gonna bring a lot of contrast on the models of the Legion. As you mention Green/Blue touchs work well. Cheers!

        Supprimer
    2. He could rival Black Vasken!!!! Way to go all out man!!!

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Thank you Thomas :) Black Vasken is a big chunk... We waiting some extra rewards from Khorne, to begin to consider an eventual challenge :)

        Supprimer
    3. Justice for the Juggernaut indeed! He looks fantastic. Great work!

      RépondreSupprimer
    4. So wonderful! Your colors are beautiful as always and I love the conversions on the horse!

      RépondreSupprimer
    5. Absolutely magnificent miniature for conversion and colors! The pose is now much more natural and the model is much richer in interesting details. At Kev Adams' level of the best moments! I really appreciate how you take inspiration from the old illustrations, which are always a great source

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Thank you mate, RoC books are a gold mine for who want to have a look on them. Cheers !!

        Supprimer
      2. Following your references, I found on the web and downloaded the entire volume of RoC. It really is an inexhaustible source of inspiration !! Thank you for your suggestion!

        Supprimer
      3. You're very welcome Rodor, those books are an Endless source for us :)

        Supprimer
    6. Jaw dropping work. I'm truly amazed by your work. I love how you changed substantially the model, yet totally keeping the same vibe. Wonderful!

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Yep I based my work on the RoC illustration it self inspired by the sculpted model from Kev Adam... the snake biting its tail :) Cheers! Suber!

        Supprimer
    7. Réponses
      1. Thank you, I'm particulary proud of this mini :)

        Supprimer