• lundi 11 mars 2019

    WHFB Campaign : L'Empire en Flammes


    I prepare the next meeting of the French OldSchool Lovers at the Oldhammer Day in May 2019. So, my current Space Hulk project is planned to be presented during this event but I planned to run a WHFB campaign too. I will manage this campaign as GM and I share today some stuff I produce for It.  

    I named this campaign “L’Empire en flammes” and I hope that remind some good things for the RP Gamers who read this words. I created it with all the things I cumulated during the several campaigns I managed in clubs. I talking about the rules and models of course but I talking about management experience I acquire too! This campaign involve 2 groups of 3 players during 2 days. I used the Mighty Empires core rules (2nd ed) with additions and some transformations. And we play our games with WHFB 3rd ed rules.


    This campaign take place in the Empire territory during an invasion leaded by an Alliance of Chaotic Lords, they are opposed to the union of the last Defenders of the Empire. This incursion was stopped by the cold winter and the snow of the mountain passes. Only some territories separate the belligerents.  Now, the assumption of the spring coming and every Warlords prepare to lead their army for the next season of battle!


    I was very inspired by the map of the Empire. I applied an hexagons filter on it to obtain this 3D map. I sculpted some markers for the Equinox spells and I copied some Mighty Empires models with Bluestuff molds. I’m always pleased to discover how the players love to play with these markers, particulary when they produce money to increase their troops for the next battle J I swapped the original Mighty Empire Dragon by a Man O War Hight Elves Dragon. I found it on ebay without wings to buy it cheaper. But It obliged me to sculpt it new wings.

    
    The initial situation

    A last word (advise) for peoples who want to run a campaign. In my opinion, there is nothing sadder than a campaign without end. The most important thing for a good campaign is to finish it with a realistic deadline. No matter how it finish, the campaign must finish! And this is the job of the GM!
    See you later for the battle report of the campaign!


    20 commentaires:

    1. Those map pieces look great! Worthy of the excellent map you put together.

      RépondreSupprimer
    2. This is an exquisite campaign map, lovely work.

      RépondreSupprimer
    3. Vraiment cool ! C'est pour quand ce french oldhammer day ?

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Merci 😄 C'est le 10, 11 et 12 Mai à Metz 😄

        Supprimer
    4. Bringing Warhammer to life! Gorgeous!

      RépondreSupprimer
    5. This is gloriously well presented! Your map is really immersive. I especially like the transitions between textures as you come down off the mountains.

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Thank you Chris! You have the talent to find and get out the details.

        Supprimer
    6. Putain comme c'est bon sérieux. 9a me réchauffe le coeur si fort !

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Faut profiter, c'est du chauffage gratuit en quelques sorte :) et renouvelable :) Merci JB

        Supprimer
    7. C'est clair que du matos comme ça, c'est immersif et motivant ! Et sinon tu trouves le temps de dormir des fois :)

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Merci PH! En fait mon secret depuis bien longtemps... c'est de ne plus avoir de Télévision :)
        Et franchement, je ne voudrai plus en avoir. Ca permet de faire pleins de trucs :)

        Supprimer
    8. Holy smokes! I just played mighty empires for the very first time 2 days ago. It took the three of us 6 hours to get through just 2 winter phases! So many charts!!!

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Hi HDM, I admit many charts but sime of us love charts (^_^) How many points per WHFB games ?

        Supprimer
      2. Oh we were not playing WHFB games, just mightu empires as a board game in one sitting! I admit it makes for a pretty cool campaign system.

        Supprimer
    9. Histoire de développer http://lawhammer.blogspot.com/p/the-mighty-empire-project.html?m=1

      RépondreSupprimer