• lundi 13 août 2018

    Rogue Trader : Battle at the Farm - Ork troops

    Hello Boyz! Summer time, holidays, vacation... and painting sessions! Yep, I keep the mojo and I continu to work on the project. Not only on the painting models but also on the scenario.

    In the next post, I will develop How I want to play the Battle of the Farm scenario but for the moment some words to make you underderstand my work. I want to integrate some elements of the Worl War 1&2 in the Rynn invasion context . The principal reason is the Ork style of the late 80's. Clearly, lot of models  have the German WW1&2 style and I love it. So I want to go further and move "The Battle of the Farm" scenario on a battle field of the WW1 era. With trenches, craters, iconic troops, war technologies, etc...

    The WW1 German storm trooper is the theme of my Ork force. This iconical trooper is identifiable with his naive camo paint on his helmet, his bags and his grenades. So I added these elements to my RTB02 Ork troopers, my favorit adds are the backpacks who are really fun to sculpt. Other conversion is the most scrappy RT Ork trooper in Fearsome Orkish stormtrooper. I hope you note the conversion of the BloodBowl Thrower in Nobz, Badass!!

    Concerning the back banners of the Nobz, I kept the differents Ork symbols of the late 80's like the sword/skull of the Drop Legion and the teeth of the Kulo army. I integrate them in banners with colors inspired by the 3rd reich flag with a focus on the Iron Cross.



    22 commentaires:

    1. Well...I didnt think you could top your Crimson fists....and then you just went and did this. I'm in awe.

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Yep I'm proud of my Orks, thnak you Airborn26 :)

        Supprimer
    2. Just when I thought RT orks couldn't be any more orky, you go and add another level of orkiness! The packs really add a whole new layer of interest on those models. The BB orc thrower is an inspired conversion too - lovely work!

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Thank you Axiom, packs give the trooper tast to these Boyz. Not really difficult to sculpt but very effective :)

        Supprimer
    3. Roh lala, dis moi qu'on va y jouer, dis moi qu'on va y jouer !

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Yop JB ! On va se prevoir ca ... sans probleme :)

        Supprimer
    4. I love the aesthetic you have gone for with these, they are excellent!

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Thank you, this aesthetic is before the Orks clans (waaag the Orks) Between Blood Axes and Goff clans.

        Supprimer
    5. Magnifiques, impressionnant comme rien n'est laissé au hasard dans tes projets.

      RépondreSupprimer
    6. Effectivement, on sent bien le côté germain !
      tu en as combien à faire comme ça ? Sculpter chaque sac à dos puis la peindre à ton niveau, franchement chapeau. J'ai vraiment hâte de voir le résultat final une fois que la table et les factions seront prêtes.

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Salut et merci, en fait, j'ai fini les boyz et il me reste plus que les perso et vehicules. C'est pas une armée à proprement parlé, c'est juste assez (voir plus) pour assurer le scenario. A+ Nico.

        Supprimer
    7. Belles conversions ! Très réussi l'ajout du bardas, bien dans l'esprit WW1.

      RépondreSupprimer
    8. Wunderbar! These are perfectly done. I like the WWI/WWII theme for Space Orks too so it is excellent to these done so nicely.

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Danke Kim, I continu to paint the last stuffs on the same theme... pics coming soon 😄

        Supprimer
    9. These are really quite awesome. I always saw these era Orks as a cross between WW1 and WW2 Germans, and you have captured that vibe well.

      The choice of colours and the camo is great, they are muted yet still colourful. The bases are nicely done as well.

      The convsersions are very good. I like the helmet conversions on the troopers, and the bloodbowl player fits in nicely. I also like the trimming down of the bolt guns, makes them look puncher.

      Great work. It makes me want to re-visit the range.

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. You wrote so much good things 😄 you spotted all the things I added or transformed on these Orks, good analysis 😄 thank you GoblinLee !

        Supprimer
    10. Looking amazing Nico. The same impulse that made me think "some classic Orks would be nice, perhaps" (which is a very different theme from my usual historical gaming) made me realise its been a while since I visited the blog and what is there? Gorgeously painted classic orks!

      RépondreSupprimer
      Réponses
      1. Thank you Maurice :) Always good to see histotical gamers here :)

        Supprimer
    11. Lovely work! These are up there with my fave Ork minis

      RépondreSupprimer